Rushing rapids in the desert - a surreal experience
Located in the extreme north-west of Namibia on the banks of the Kunene River in the Hartmann Valley, Serra Cafema is an intimate, peaceful camp with a unique mix of rustic and luxury elements nestled amongst shady Albida trees. Accommodation consists of 8 riverside wood, canvas and thatched villas on spacious, elevated decks blended smoothly into the picturesque surroundings. Each tent has an en-suite bathroom, ceiling fan and mosquito nets. The Ozonganda, or main area, comprises indoor and outdoor dining areas, sunken lounge, library, curio shop and swimming pool, all sharing views of the Kunene River.
- Undoubtedly one of the most remote camps in southern Africa
- Rushing rapids just below camp lull you into dreamland after a day of desert exploration
- There’s an intimate, luxurious honeymoon villa, with possibly the best view of all
- The design and décor draw inspiration from the area’s Himba people
- Families can be accommodated