The warm heart of Africa
Malawi is a warm and welcoming country that offers visitors wonderful scenery, fascinating parks and some of the friendliest people in Africa. A long and narrow landlocked country it covers more than 1 000 kilometres from north to south while Lake Malawi, nearly 600 km long and up to 80 km wide, dominates the countryside.
There is no country in all of Africa that has its geography so sculptured and determined by Africa's Great Rift Valley. Towering mountains, lush, fertile valley floors and enormous crystal-clear lakes are hallmarks of much of the Rift Valley - and Malawi displays them all. Fertile soils are a result of the Rift Valley and evidence of this is to be found everywhere in Malawi. Throw a seed to the ground and a plant grows.
Things to look forward to in Malawi:
- Interacting with the friendly and outgoing people of Malawi
- Game viewing by boat along the Shire
- Exploring the wild and untouched rolling hills of Malawi’s highlands
- Scuba diving in Lake Malawi – known as the world’s best freshwater diving
- Basking on the edges of Lake Malawi’s white beaches