Enormous, remote and wildlife-filled
Zambia is situated mainly on a vast central plateau, and boasts the Zambezi, Kafue and Luangwa rivers - as well as one of the largest waterfalls in the world, the Victoria Falls, which it shares with neighbouring Zimbabwe. Most of the country has a mild, pleasant climate, while the river valleys are hotter and more humid; the extreme north becomes tropical on the shores of Lake Tanganyika, one of Zambia's ten large lakes. While Lusaka is the country's capital, Livingstone, just ten kilometres from the Falls, is more well known to adventurous travellers.
Things to look forward to in Zambia:
- Catching sight of the famous lions of the Kafue
- Game viewing from a hot air balloon
- Discovering the thrill of walking amongst wildlife
- Having thrilling adrenalin adventures on the Zambezi River
- Gazing over the spectacular Victoria Falls