Round off an exceptional morning’s game-viewing with a feast that’s bound to give you energy for the rest of your day’s safari activities… This cranberry, bacon and brie cheese soufflé omelette tastes even better than it looks.
A recipe that comes all the way from our Premier Camps in Botswana’s Okavango Delta, it’s a firm favourite of ours’ and our guests’ alike.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 3 eggs, separated
• 1/8 tsp salt
• pinch pepper
• 2 tsp water
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 tsp butter
• 50g bacon (cooked)
• 20 g brie cheese
• 30ml cranberry jelly
1. Place egg yolks in a small bowl.
2. Place egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until soft peaks are formed.
3. Add the salt, pepper and water to the yolks and beat lightly.
4. Fold the whites gently into the yolks using a metal spoon.
5. Heat the butter in a frying pan, pour in the egg mixture and cook until the omelette has set.
6. Sprinkle the brie cheese, bacon and cranberries on the omelette and grill until the cheese has melted.
7. Fold the omelette in half and serve warm.